Crossplay Rumors: Modern Warfare

Hey what's up gamers! Yes, we're back with the Call of Duty. One of my favorite gaming franchises is Call of Duty, but also we're focused on crossplay today so let's go!

Perhaps more than a month ago the newest Call of Duty game was announced and it's Modern Warfare. While I was unfortunately absent and unable to cover it in a post, I will cover it in brief here before continuing on with crossplay.

So the Call of Duty fan-base has been asking for a reboot or remaster of their favorite Modern Warfare games since the remaster of Call of Duty 4 with Infinite Warfare.This year is our lucky year where we are promised the classic game-play that we enjoyed but so long ago. The trailer was introduced in a popular mission called "Ultimatum" in the original Modern Warfare. It continues showing nostalgic moments along with some new events and characters. I don't know for sure, but I believe I heard you will play through the child's POV as shown in the trailer. That's all I will go through for now, the trailer will be at the bottom.



 Now for crossplay, it was revealed to us with more game details early on that the game would be crossplay across PS4, Xbox, and PC. This is what excited me besides the multiplayer and campaign. So if you don't know, crossplay allows for multi-platform gaming. If you had a friend say on either PC or Xbox and you're on PS4, you can join or invite either or both to a party with this feature bring more players to one platform. This has always been longed for.
 It's about time Call of Duty joined the crossplay game. While only few games are crossplay such as Fortnite and Rocket League, Call of Duty will most likely receive most praise for being one of the largest gaming franchises. There were multiple games I thought would have been great candidates for a crossplay game including Modern Warfare Remastered and Black Ops 4. Both were basic and well based on gameplay and had the match sizes been larger, a great choice.
As seen in the tweet to the left, Taylor Kurosaki of Infinity Ward has confirmed that crossplay is truly possible and in fact up and running already. This was due to multiple rumors saying Call of Duty was not truly making the game crossplay. Obviously Taylor was gracious enough to inform us of the situation thus reassuring us of the feature. All this is quite promising and I personally cannot wait until the game comes out as I plan to buy the game to play with my friends. I will be taking advantage of crossplay as my friends have a either a PS4 or Xbox and personally prefer PC where I will hopefully join them.

Thanks everyone for stopping by! If you have any questions on crossplay, how it's working or questions about Modern Warfare as a game in general let me know in the comments and I'll happily answer as soon as possible!

Thanks and stay #PikaPerfect!

PikawattGamer

Comments